The final day-

I had a couple of small(ish) goals to complete before the nugget arrived, one of which was to sell my old car. Okay, maybe that’s not a small goal, but a goal nonetheless. Backtrack– a few months after I graduated college in 2004, I had to quickly buy a new (to me) car… the transmission went out on my high school/ college car. And with that, Lola entered my life. I figured it was the perfect time in my life to have a convertible– no kids, single, living at the beach.

DSC04013Lola and I went on many an adventure… we drove clear across Virginia multiple times, VA>TX, TX>MI, MI>TX, TX>VA, and then some. I had her for nearly 10 years, and she was perfect for my single days. I put around 125,000 miles on her in that timeframe. kellydrivingBut as the Nugget’s arrival date neared, J and I realized that she would not be the most ideal baby-transport-car. And so, after much back and forth (seriously. we had a really hard time deciding on a car.) Ruby entered. Practical, reliable, and most importantly, she has four doors. Oh, and not a van.

2014-12-13 07.53.37We ultimately decided to sell Lola ourselves (car dealerships are sheisters when offering to buy your old car). Unfortunately, December is not the most ideal month to sell a convertible in Virginia Beach. Strange, I know. But we were patient (or rather, J was patient. I don’t usually mess with these kinds of things).

Valentine’s Day started like many Saturdays in our house… we made a quick trip to Costco, and then met up with a Photographer… at the last minute, we decided we needed to have the Heir photographed. We called up Tianna and invited her over to feel her out and so she could get a feel for the spaces in our home. She took a few test shots, and then was on her way.

BCGLifestyleMaternityPhotosT.Y.PhotographyVirginiaBeachMaternityPhotos-2After all that activity, I laid my large self down for a nap, while J met up with a lady from Craigslist. (Not the first time he met with a potential buyer for the car. Probably about the fifth time, actually.) A few minutes into the nap, he woke me up (!) to sign paperwork… he sold the car! Heyoooo.

We then made ourselves a nice steak dinner, set the table all romantically (with candles! And china!), and enjoyed what we knew would be our last Valentine’s Day dinner pre-children. After dinner, in true romantic fashion, we settled ourselves in front of the fireplace and I watched Lockup (THE BEST SHOW EVER)… J fell asleep around 9. By 10:30, I was ready for bed as well, and we migrated back to the bedroom. 2015-02-14 18.46.56At 12:45am, I woke up with a contraction. Not the first time I have woken up with a contraction, so I settled down and tried to go back to sleep. Throughout the end of my pregnancy, I’ve had many Braxton Hicks contractions, but this was different. Stronger. More intense. I got up, went to the bathroom, and tried to lay down again. (They say you should walk around and drink some water to determine whether or not a contraction is real. They will go away if they’re just faking it.) Falling back to sleep, however, was not to happen… contractions kept coming. Slowly at first, but they grew stronger and more consistent. By 2:30, it was time to wake up J. Game on.

To be continued…


One thought on “The final day-

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s