Months ago, if not a year, J and I had a heated discussion. And when I say heated, I mean… I was probably tickling him, trying to get him to agree to my idea, and he was getting mad because he hates being tickled. So he probably yelled. I mean, that is most likely what happened. Anyway, here was the dilemma: I wanted to do something crazy on a wall. I didn’t so much care which wall (or space), but I had the idea of doodling on it or drawing a pattern with a sharpie or something. J thought that was silly. “No, no, no”, he said. Enter: Compromise (the secret to marriage). In my moment of brilliance(ish), I said… “Fine! You can design the [hypothetical] nursery, if I get the closet.” And before I could renig on my deal, he agreed. Pretty sure we shook on it, too. So, that’s where we are. J has full control over the design of the Nugget’s room. I’m merely offering moral support and manpower. He’s calling the shots. But I get the closet.
So far, I’m completely on board with his ideas. Except for one. But you know what? It’s all his. I just offer assistance (occasionally) with the grunt work… which means I paint. J hates painting. Also, we have no idea if I am harboring an heir or heiress. So that could change some things. Maybe.
Without further ado, the ideas:
- We found these ammmaaaazing Stuffed Animal Heads via Amazon. I want them. BAD.
- When I was down at Haven, I came across Royal Design Studio, who is introducing this new line of wall decals. And I immediately fell in love with these Woodland Creatures. They agreed to send us some (because they’re awesome), and I’m dying to put them up. Just gotta finish the “base” of the room first.
- Have you ever seen these vintage paint-by-numbers paintings? I think they’re awesome. Pretty sure I saw them when I spent some time in Canada.
- I LOVE this vintage-style crib. But it’s new! Ish. We actually weren’t planning on a changing table, but I found the set on craigslist and BOUGHTTHEMIMMEDIATELY!! Shortly after that, I got banned from cragislist for a bit. But J likes them. Woo.
- J has it in his head that, if the nugget is an heir, he will go out to the woods, shoot a bear, and have it preserved/ whatever they do to bears, and turn it in to a rug. I think that’s pretty gross. Also, we have a giant flokati rug from when I was an infant that I think would work just fine. And then we could pair the flokati with this cute, cuddly, fuzzy, smaller Bearskin Rug.
- Lastly, the base of the room. Three of the walls will be painted our favorite Windfresh White (by Sherwin Williams). The majority of our house is painted this color, and we’re big fans. And then! One of the walls will get a horizontal plank treatment. We plan to finish it off differently than the living room, so it will look more clean and “regular”.
Also, I’m not telling you what the closet is going to look like. I’ll just show you. One day.
What do you think of J’s ideas?! Be gentle.
(Amazon links are affiliate links, btw.)